Saturday, March 30

Cactus Bed Ready to be Filled

Fireplace all done and enough room for roasting three little piggy's.



Possibly my favorite Texas Native - Claret Cup (Echinocereus triglochidiatus).


This incredible 10 foot Ocotillo (Fouquieria splendens) was the largest one I had ever seen for sale and it came planted in a huge 30+ gallon pot.  My excitement diminished considerably when I got it home and discovered that it came without roots, reluctantly I agreed to give it a try with an option to return it in 6 months if no new leaves appeared.


My children helped raise money for an orphanage in Peru that was being supported by our church by growing plants and selling them in a neighborhood garage sale.  I have to say I was impressed with their final total $400 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment